As most of you know that 1. I love my crockpot and, 2. I am addicted to Pinterest. Yes, I fully realize this sentence fully cements my dork status but I am fine with it. Pinterest has cemented many of my loves and fostered new ones. You should see the number of boards I have.
Now back to what I was originally trying to blog about– I saw this amazing pork and apples dinner on Pinterest. It looked super easy (bonus!) and had the potential for being tasty. Best part of the entire recipes is that it looked to take about 10 minutes to put together. While doing my lunch time grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s, I spied a gorgeous piece of pork loin for this meal.
The proverbial light bulb went off over my head– make the crockpot pork dish! Since I had a bushel full of apples in the cart for Greg anyway, it seemed like fate.
The next morning Hazel and I prepared our crockpot meal.
What you will need:
- Three apples (I used gala)
- pork loin
- chocolate lab
- crockpot addiction
1. Spend hours on Pinterest looking at recipes.
2. Find your pin.
3. Cut your three apples into slices.
4. Feed the puppy the apple cores.
5. Slice the pork (fat side down) every half inch or so. Do not slice all the way through the pork.
6. Squirt honey into your hand (about 3 tablespoons worth).
7. Dab a bit on your finger and then smear the inside of the pork slits.
8. Sprinkle cinnamon in the slits.
9. Cover the bottom of your crockpot with apple slices and sprinkle with some cinnamon.
10. Insert apple slices in the pork slits. Since my apples were on the smaller side, I put two in each slit (Yes, I giggled as I wrote that sentence).
11. Put on top of sliced apples in the crockpot and sprinkle a little more cinnamon on it. If you aren’t the biggest cinnamon fan, skip it.
12. Add the rest of the apples on top. Dust with cinnamon and drizzle with honey.
13. Cook on low for 7 hours.
So what do you think of the new feature? It’s not going to be a weekly thing but once or twice a month.