Fall is in the air, pumpkin seems to be in all my recipes, and Make It a Meal Monday is on Tuesday.
Our weekends have been filled with races and the sound of Greg typing away on a 25 page project for school. He and Hazel did give us a few hours this weekend to portrait model at the park. Walking around the fallen leaves with the trees changing color really got me in the mood to make something pumpkiny.
Side note: Until December 14, the home project moratorium is in place. Never fear, I have a few projects we did that I still need to post.
Earlier in the week, a friend posted these cake like pumpkin chocolate cookies on Facebook and I knew they needed to me in my stomach. Greg promptly agreed after showing him her cookie picture.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Allrecipes.com)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Open a bottle of pumpkin beer to help the cooking process.
2. Drink some beer.
3. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, and egg.
4. Then add flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
5. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in.
6. Add chocolate chips!
7. Have another sip of beer.
8. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. They will have a cake like consistency.
You’ll get a little over two dozen cookies from the batter and if your homes are anything like mine, they won’t last more than three days.
The Undomestic Goddess is now on Facebook, come over and like us!