Christmas is all about cookies. Cookies for Santa, cookies for parties, cookies for everyone except one set of people.
Just look at her, she needs Christmas cookies.
I never see anyone post about cookies for their precious puppies. Well this needed to be rectified. Growing up, my dad would always make Christmas sugar cookies with me and my sister and hazel needed a cookie making experience.
Ok, without the crazy sprinkles or the giant cookie at the end.
For those of you wondering how a puppy can help, she monitored the oven and informed when they were done.
Hazel’s Christmas Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- Water as needed
- Cookie cutter ( we used the traditional dog cookie shape and a squirrel shape)
1. Mix everything in a mixer.
Side note: If you want a squirrel cookie cutter, Ikea had them in pack of different animal cookie cutters.
5. Try not to slip in a puddle if drool created by your friend.
5. Repeat until your tray is full.
6. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees until the cookies are hard. Hazel informed me when I needed to check the cookies.
7. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
Share with the four legged friends in your life! Ours heartily approves. We’ve been slowly working through the cookies and she is happy camper whenever we yell, “Cookie!”