Is anyone else tired of snow? Yesterday’s Make It a Meal should have been written during my lunch break but I needed to deal with this–
Nine inches of snow (which looks prettier as a watercolor). Only two more snow storms are expected for this week.
Ok, back to more important things like my expanding hips/waistline. With the Super Bowl, I knew I had a captive audience for recipe testing and today’s recipe ended up being a huge hit.
Chocolate cream cheese fruit dip– Perfect for anyone following Weight Watchers (2 points per serving) and anyone not caring about calories during a party. Be careful with this dip because someone will try to eat it by the spoonful (I’m looking at you, Dad).
Chocolate Fruit Dip (from Emily Bites)
- 1 brick of cream cheese (8 ounces) at room temperature
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 t of vanilla extract
- 1 tub of Cool Whip light (remove from freezer about 30 minutes before using)
1. Cream together the sugar and the cream cheese with your mixer. I’ve found it’s easier to cube the cream cheese before mixing it with the sugar.
2. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla, mix. You will have to scrape down the sides a few times while mixing everything.
3. Taste test.
4. Test some plain Cool Whip because it looks fluffy and good.
5. Wish you had pie for the Cool Whip.
6. Add to the mixer and slowly combine with the chocolate. Again, you’ll have to scrape down the sides a few times.
7. Serve with fruit or something salty (my dad enjoyed dipping pretzels into the dip).