Shhh . . . I’ll only share this recipe if you promise not to tell Martha.
Serious, if Martha- the goddess of all things domestic– saw this recipe, she recoil in horror and attempt to revoke my beloved DIYer status. But lets face it, not all of us have time to craft a meal completely from scratch especially when it involves pie crust and cake.
Yes, you read that correctly, pie crust and cake together in a unholy/decadent trio with chocolate fudge topping. Just look at it.
I bet your swooning now and it’s not even Valentine’s Day. Gentlemen, if you wanted to truly make a Valentine’s Day to remember make this pie because it will knock her socks off which she might count as foreplay.
Now on to the recipe–
Don’t Tell Martha Red Velvet Fudge Pie (makes two pies) from Pizzazzerie
- Box of red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- Two premade pie crusts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condenced milk
1. Make cake batter according to the box’s instruction– mine called for the three eggs, oil and water.
2. Now take your pie crusts and place them in pie plates if you didn’t purchase the pie crusts already in the pan.
3. Evenly divide the batter between the two pies.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
5. Let cool.
6. In a small sauce pan on medium heat, melt 10 ounces of chocolate (I eyeballed it) with the butter and sweetened condenced milk.
7. Ice cake with this divine chocolate mixture.
8. Reserve a little to eat yourself.
9. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.