What a weekend! Besides celebrating our anniversary, we did an incredible amount of yard work (with transformation pictures next week) and nailed down a few more aspects of our office, literally. I don’t know about you but when I do yard work, a cocktail or beer is a delightful treat. Maybe it’s because my dad always had a beer after mowing the lawn but a cool beverage is always desired after a day spent shoveling mulch.
Ok, fine. Greg did most of the shovel but I did the pushing and laying of it. Hazel laid in the mulch as her way of assisting.
Enough of my tangent, I have a toxic twofer for you today– two beverages ideal for dinner yard work. Maybe kick start your yard work with one and end with another. The choice is yours. The infusing alcohol increased this year due to two new jars from HomeGoods. They both came with a painted chalkboard area for notes which adds a bit of pizzazz to the jar.
Now on to the recipes!
Bloody Mary Vodka
- 750mL Vodka
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/2 cups carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Optional: basil, cilantro, bacon. My aunt didn’t like bacon in hers since it makes the vodka very cloudy looking but a few other people did. Just pick up a bag of the premade salad bacon and add it to the jar.
1. Chop everything up. Keep the jalapenos seeded.
2. Dump into a jar.
3. Add vodka.
4. Store in a dark place and shake every other day.
5. Enjoy with tomato juice after 21 days.
- 750mL silver tequila
- 1lbs frozen strawberries (or fresh)
1. Dump strawberries into the jar.
2. Add tequila.
3. Store in a dark place and shake every other day.
4. Enjoy with your favorite margarita recipe after 21 days.